Saturday, August 11, 2012

Day 2

So, day 2.  It was way better than day 1.  I'm still having a hard time choking down the supplements, especially the ones with breakfast.  I've always had issues swallowing pills (when I was a kid, pills equaled projectile vomit), but I'm surprised I'm having such a hard time with these.  I'm hoping it will pass.

I'm tired.  So. Very. Tired.  Dr. M said the first three days are the hardest.  Something about my body changing gears and turning inside out or something like that.  I'm hoping day 1 was the worst and I'm on my way to feeling normal. 

You'll have to forgive me for giving commentary on the food I'm eating.  Because I'm going to be on this diet a while, I'm trying to keep track of the foods I like and the foods that make me want to drop-kick kittens. 

My breakfast packet was the Fine Herbs and Cheese Omelet.  It was really, really strange.  Some bites I could barely swallow.  Other bites weren't so bad.  I was glad when it was over.  I was oh so thankful for my coffee.

I slept in, so breakfast was later than usual.  I wasn't hungry at all come lunch time, but I knew I had to eat.  So, I roasted some broccoli, okra, and bell pepper.  Once I measured out my 2 cups of veggies, I realized there was no way I could eat all of that and a packet meal.  I know they pretty much all have the same amount of protein and stuff, but I just couldn't do something thick or warm.  So, I mixed up the blueberry cranberry granata drink and just pretended it was fruit punch to have with my veggies.  It wasn't half bad...it might even be really good semi-frozen. 

Besides cooking and doing some dishes, I accomplished exactly nothing.  I was SO tired!!  My butt was basically on the couch all day.  You know, besides the 489792 trips to the bathroom because HI!  I'm drinking 80+ ounces of water a day.  SHEESH!  All that sitting wore me out and I was starting to get a headache again.  So, I decided a nap was in order. 

When I woke up, I still had a dull headache and I was kind of nauseous, but I didn't feel like death.  I had my snack, some BBQ crispy thingies, as I headed to the grocery store for MORE veggies.  They certainly weren't BBQ Lays, but they were tolerable.  I think I'm going to have to train my tastebuds to not be so picky.  How do I do that??

J, the friend who got me started on this, called and invited me to her house for supper.  She just got back from a week of camping in Colorado, and managed to do the diet the whole time she was gone.  Overachiever.  I picked up some turkey and brisket from a local bbq place and J cooked veggies.  I absolutely, positively could not finish my supper.  I was SO full.  2 cups of veggies and 8 oz of protein is A LOT of friggin food!

So, once again, supper wins as my favorite meal.  I'm thankful day 2 was better than the first.  I'm already anxious for my first weigh-in on Friday.  I need to banish my scale to the garage so I'm not tempted to step on it seven times a day every day.

Day 2 Stats:
Weight: Still Obscene
Mood:  Better than yesterday, but oh so tired!!
Breakfast: herb & cheese omelet - Meh
Lunch: blueberry pom granata - pretty tasty!
Snack: bbq crispy thingies -  not Lay's
Dinner: turkey, brisket, cauliflower and okra -  YUM AND A HALF

No comments: